The Foo Fighters have come a very long way since their self titled debut album. The Colour and the Shape followed by There Is Nothing Left To Lose were both in my opinion superior to the first.

Dave Grohl is a fantastic musician and created a masterpiece with their debut all by himself.After recording he assembled a band. He(Grohl) played guitar with Pat Smear(guitar),Nate Mendel(bass) and William Goldsmith(drums). Goldsmith left the band shortly before the second cd was released and was replaced by former Alanis Morissette drummer Taylor Hawkins.

There were more changes by the end of the summer.Pat Smear left and Grohl brought in former bandmate from Scream, Franz Stahl. His stint in the band lasted less than a year and when he dropped out a week or two before Woodstock 99, the band had no choice but to pull out of the concert.

Instead Dave,Nate and Taylor got a new record label and recorded a new cd in Dave's home in Virginia. When the newest cd was released in November of 1999 they had replaced Franz Stahl with Chris Shifflet,formerly of No Use For A Name and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Ever since this addition the Foos have been on a role. They toured with Red Hot Chili Peppers and have signed on to be a part of Summersault alongside Our Lady Peace and Smashing Pumpkins across Canada. They have appeared on several soundtracks and have a new video: Breakout.

Just announced is their fourth album so far without a title. Two titles for songs have been announced, Knucklehead and Halo. The tentative release is slated for early spring.