"It was most likely an epileptic seizure." That is what the Wyoming State Medical Board is saying of Beaver High School student *names protected* medical episode that occurred yesterday in front of his awestruck algebra 3 class.

****** and the rest of the class were given free time to complete their current assignment at the end of class. That is when ******, a normally quiet student, fell from his chair and began shaking violently on the floor of the classroom. In addition to the uncontrollable shaking he blurted out several obscenities that were apparently out of his control. A student seated close to ****** fainted from fear after ****** shouted cuss words at him and repeatedly shouted, "somebody set up us the bomb!"

The suspected cause of ******'s seizure was an unassuming TI-86 calculator that had been "overclocked" by his friends unbeknownst to him. "Overclocking" is the process of running processors - normally those found in computers, higher than their factory rated clock speed. According to ******'s friends they liked the idea and challenge of trying to do the same with something more difficult like a graphing calculator. Successful in their endeavor, his friends returned the calculator to ****** without informing him of the changes made to the device.

The overclocking of the TI-86 graphing calculator rendered its LCD screen unstable causing flicker and intermittent flashing which then sparked the seizure in ****** doctors believe.

The students responsible for the incident have apologized to ****** and his family and no charges have been filed at this time. ****** had no previous history of epilepsy or any other seizure disorder before this event.

Texas Instruments had no comment on the matter as of press time.