We travelled through 25 countries
Collaborating with the most happening musicians, authors, scientists and thinkers we could find...
to celebrate the unity in the diversity
70% Water
18% Carbon
5% Nitrogen
2% Calcium
1 Giant Leap

www.1giantleap.tv

Track Listing

  1. Dunya Salam (feat. Baaba Maal)
  2. My Culture (feat. Robbie Williams & Maxi Jazz)
  3. The Way You Dream (feat. Michael Stipe & Asha Bhosle)
  4. Ma' Africa (feat. The Mahotella Queens & Ulali)
  5. Braided Hair (feat. Speech & Neneh Cherry)
  6. Ta Moko (feat. Whirimako Black)
  7. Bushes (feat. Baaba Maal)
  8. Passion (feat. Michael Franti)
  9. Daphne (feat. Eddi Reader, The Mahotella Queens & Revetti Sakalar)
  10. All Alone (On Eilean Shona)
  11. Racing Away (feat. Grant Lee Phillips & Horace Andy)
  12. Ghosts (feat. Eddi Reader)

Produced by: Duncan Bridgeman & Jamie Catto

Participants


Sometimes people have an idea. Most often, that idea goes nowhere. Yet, sometimes, that idea is followed through, and something wonderful is produced.

In 2001, Duncan Bridgeman (artist/producer) and Jamie Catto (film maker and founding member of Faithless), had an idea. They took their digital camera and laptop on a journey around the globe. They produced something wonderful.

They cold-called the artists they wanted to feature, none were pre-arranged; they ran into Asha Bhosle in the resturant of their hotel - they recorded her vocals the same day, sat in the hotel's garden. None of the tracks were recorded in a single session; the drums for a track might have been recorded in America during one week, then the vocals laid down a month later across the world in Africa - all kept safe on their laptop.

As well as the self-titled album, containing the 12 tracks listed above, they also created a DVD, containing over 2 hours of video from the trip. The DVD is split into 12 chapters, each exploring a global theme.

DVD Features

The BBFC have given the DVD a rating of 18 for release in the UK.

It is being released with the tag-line:

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.