I am a god. I have actually succeeded in shaping reality. This has happened before, but never as clearly as this.

It all started yesterday as I was obsessively surfing the E2 database, spawning a new window every time I passed a word or phrase that piqued my interest. At one point I had nearly forty IE windows open at once. I discovered that there is an unusual amount of information here on the topic of physics. I mean, it could make your head explode. Somewhere between singularities and hyperspheres I ran across a hardlink to tungsten, something I heretofore knew nothing about, as well as a host of other strange materials and concepts.

At the end of the day, as I prepared to leave the office, it occurred to me that I would have loved to have pursued a career in physics, if I were not now completing a degree in political science and planning for law school. I got home, and read one of those infamous holiday family update letters over dinner. I discovered that my cousin, having completed her degree in political science, is now suddenly considering going on to study physics in grad school. Odd enough, but it could be a coincidence, right? Well...

As I settled in for a lazy night in front of the TV, I tuned the set to Seinfeld. I don't often watch the show, but if it helps for reference it was the episode where George Castanza's girlfriend contracts mono and Jerry gets bumped from Career Day. Somewhere along the line, George is on the couch watching Jeopardy and effortlessly answering all the questions correctly. That might be a staple of the show, I don't know. Anyway, so he blurts out to one of the clues, "What is tungsten..." There is a very brief pause, during which the recognition registers in my brain, and then he continues, "...or wolfram." I am blown away: wolfram is the former name of the element tungsten, and I only just learned this exceedingly obscure piece of trivia earlier that day, and found it very fascinating.

The only logical explanation is that I have somehow managed to single-handedly distort reality. Obviously, during the few hours I spent reading this intense material I generated enough energy to warp spacetime in ways I cannot begin to understand. This is too much. I am going to have to think about this.