IainB and I were at the Glasgow Green gig on the 28th of September. Radiohead's Tent Tour is worth the £25 (sterling) it costs to see a performance.

In the UK they've been supported by Clinic, a band I'm only familiar with through mtv2, but in Europe I think they were being supported by an Icelandic band whose name I'm unsure of...
Anyways, Clinic got a warm reception but approx. 8,000 were waiting to see Radiohead and things were getting intense as a lot of people had already been queuing for a couple of hours to get in (Iain and I got into the front barrier).

You should have heard the crowd when Radiohead came on stage, you should have heard me, I didn't know that I was such a big fan. I'm ashamed to say I can't remember what their opening song was, most of what I remember of the concert is that I was jumping and singing a hell of a lot.

They played My Iron Lung, which was the first song for which the crowd could really go mental (I've still got the bruises).
From the play list I can also remember them playing Optimistic from their new album and it's title song Kid A.
Our crowd got two encores and the night was finished off with Exit Music(for a film), the song played at the end of the Hollywood film rendition of Romeo and Juliet.

I came away with a really nifty t-shirt with one of the Kid A bears on it.


Iain bought Kid A after the concert, I think it's brilliant... though I know a lot of people don't.

KID A is:

  1. EVERYTHING IN IT'S RIGHT PLACE
  2. KID A
  3. THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
  4. HOW TO DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY
  5. TREE FINGERS
  6. OPTIMISTIC
  7. IN LIMBO
  8. IDIOTEQUE
  9. MORNING BELL
  10. MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

The cover is very jazzy, but not very informative... sort of in keeping with the blips they've produced instead of music videos. To my knowledge they're not planning on releasing any singles but if you want a preview of the album you should go to napster or one of the various other outlets on the internet.

I've also been informed that the title of the album "Kid A" is because of Thom's belief that the first human cloning has already taken/is taking place. The album is dedicated to the first human clone (the origin of the title varies from one interview to another.)

If you already have or do buy the album you should keep an eye out for the hidden booklet, I only say because it's quite easy to miss.


UPDATE!!!

September 28, 2000 - Glasgow Green, Glasgow, Scotland

Setlist:
Optimistic, Morning Bell, The National Anthem, Airbag, Karma Police, In Limbo, Knives Out, No Surprises, My Iron Lung, Pearly*, How to Disappear, Dollars and Cents, Paranoid Android, Street Spirit, Paranoid Android, Idioteque, Just, Everything In Its Right Place

Encore:
Lucky, The Thief (Can cover), Bones, Egyptian Song(now called "Pyramid song")
2nd Encore:
Talk Show Host, Exit Music.

I got the setlist from greenplastic.com.

I was sure they played Kid A. I think it's possible that the setlist I found is wrong and they played Kid A and Paranoid Android rather than Paranoid Android twice.