experiment in the human condition: day 3

Yesterday I was just tired. Today, exhaustion.

I have a hard time admitting it's even "today". I've not yet slept, and I feel like a zombie.

I am an insomniac, and I frequently have these spells, of varying length. At the worst, I've gone 96 hateful hours without sleep.

Alot of people tell me that they are jealous of the fact that I can stay up for long long periods of time without sleep. It's not that I can, it's that I have no choice. I'm sure people were jealous that Prometheus was able to regenerate. However, strapped to the rock, with the vultures eating his liver; I've no doubt he saw it another way.

It's the strangest affliction, and I never really thought about it much when I was younger; I thought all kids had a hard time sleeping. I had no idea it would go on like this.

The graveyard shift doesn't help. Now my body tells me I should be awake in the day, and my brain tells me I should be awake at night.

Worse than all these things, it annihilates my ability to think clearly and coherently. I work in the information industry, and this is probably the worst thing that could happen

But, on to another subject.

It's only day 3 of the experiment in the human condition, and I'm already discovering a few things. First of all, Dannye comes off to me more like a zen-master than anyone I've "met". I'm really quite impressed (even though now I sound like a fan-boy).

Second, day logging is strange. I still don't fully have the grasp of it. What I think pains me most is the fact that you rarely get the opportunity to watch other peoples soft-links to your writing.
Not only that, but it's incredibly difficult to really capture in text what I'm thinking. It's much easier when there's a point. But this... this is me saying "here's what I did today, here's what I'm thinking right now, here's what's going on in my life". It's odd... plain old information is always much easier to process, to make palatable.

Third, in my other arms of this experiment, I've noticed that the more open I become on the 'net, the more closed off I become in meatspace. I wonder if this has to do with some sort of balance that people need to keep. I'll have to keep that in mind when interviewing people.

I've always had a hard time finishing writing, so today, I'll use a bit of my main man, Robert Frost:
Quoted from: Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.


about this experiment... i'm currently trying to decide where the best place is to keep my findings.. right now i'm leaning towards using my home node until i've compiled enough information. however, i'm certainly open to suggestion.