I guess today is a tough day for everyone.

Economic pressures due to the significant reduction in advertiser support have decimated the ranks of journalism and have left the publishing industry relying on companies, organizations, and individuals to provide the proper information to the editors running today's media vehicles. Too bad when the marketplace decided to kill off print, they should get the internet that they intend to replace it with working first. Sadly, that does not look to be the case.

I bemoan the situation, but in the very near future most, if not all, of the publishing industry will move to an automated content process that will rely even more greatly upon the manufacturers to provide proper information into the RSS feeds that will drive the web-based content everywhere.

The publishing industry would be going through an economic meltdown even if the world financial situation was normal (even booming). The web has destroyed the value of information. Every publication serving professional trades are supported solely by advertising, and the advertisers have decided that you want your information online in little bites fed directly into the news websites from the RSS feeds of organizations or individuals of interest to the industry.