Armageddon is a highly modified DIKU MUD designed solely to provide a roleplaying experience against the setting of the harsh desert world of Zalanthas. Armageddon is as focused on serious roleplay as any MUSH; but it combines that roleplaying focus with the hard-coded realism of a DIKU MUD. Players are required to maintain a high level of roleplay at all times, and our standards are demanding.

The world of Armageddon is known as Zalanthas. It is a harsh planet where only the fittest survive, and competition over extremely scarce resources causes constant strife, struggle, and bloodshed. Deserts cover most of its explored surface, and the great red sun can bring temperatures as high as 150 degrees during mid-day and as low as 60 degrees at night. Your character will face hardship often, and will probably even be killed, possibly at the hands of another player. If your character dies, he or she is dead -- permanently. However, you can always make another; just keep in mind that your new character will have no knowledge of your previous life.

Armageddon is, first and foremost, a role-playing game. It has a combat system, magick spells, and thousands of other features for added realism, but you must keep in mind that the only reason everyone is here is to have fun while acting out a role. The most important thing is playing your character according to their own personality in order to help in the creation of a realistic fantasy world.