I am all excited at the moment because four years of hard work have now been documented in the local newspaper. You can read all about it here:

http://www.it.fairfax.com.au/networking/20010220/A23308-2001Feb19.html

It's titled, 'The students who kicked out the consultants' and documents how students took over the administration and operation of IT facilities at a university residential college. Staring me of course!! ;-)

And better yet, Australian Personal Computer, an Australian national consumer PC magazine has picked up the article as well and will be publishing a slightly different version in their April or May issue. Whoo hoo - I'm famous!!

Actually, besides seeing my name in print (which I will admit is a buzz), I am more pleased with the fact that it gives recognition in a very public way to the volunteer students who assisted with running the whole thing. Without their efforts and ideas, the College would not have been able to accomplish the things that they did. For us young IT people, we are indeed lucky that we live in an age where young people can make a very real difference and get valuable experience at the same time.

Added later today:
We got mentioned on Slashdot and boy did we see our website hits skyrocket through the roof!!