Wow. What a wonderful weekend this was.

Saturday morning, I awoke to see bright sun outside, a marked contrast to the dingy grey March / early April Ohio sky to which I had become accustomed. When I stepped outside, I felt a sensation that I almost couldn't recognize... it was warm. Not just warm enough to leave the jacket home, but it was "springtime is here!" warm.

A quick dress rehearsal for my piece in a friend's afternoon recital let me out into gorgeous late morning sunshine and a short bike ride with a good friend. Back to the venue, played the hell out of the piece and was applauded for a couple of curtain calls. I know how bad this sounds, but it just feels so good to have people clap for me when I do something well.

Over to an all finger food meal at a local food co-op, ate fried cheese, samosas, artichoke dip, hummus, strawberries and chocolate, roasted tomatoes, and so much more stuff...

At night, played a party with my band, and had a positively euphoric experience. I realized that making music with friends makes me happier than anything else in the world. To be able to do my absolute favorite thing, and have other people enjoy it as well... damn, it makes me all tingly.

Sunday afternoon, went to pick up a friend from the airport. On the way back, stopped at a homemade ice cream stand, and ate an ice cream cone in the shade next to a waiting-to-be-sown corn field.

Hung out with a new friend, who's really cute and smart and creative, and thought maybe that she thinks I'm cute too.

In the evening, I finally got around to fixing up my bike so it runs smoothly, stops quickly, and is more quiet. Wrote some music, and went over to the new friend's place, and stayed until very late...