Ticks are tiny black blood-suckers who can carry disease. They're small, as small as the head of a pin, and up to the size of a chihuahua. No, just kidding, the biggest you'll see em is, (not many standard sized things to compare with), I guess the size of a BB. If one is any bigger then chances are its already bloated with blood.

If you catch a tick strolling up your leg, consider yourself lucky and flick it off. Or, if you're inside, flick it off, then grab it with a tissue and flush it.

If it's already latched in then things get a lot harder. It's pretty freaky having that little bastard stuck in your skin sucking you dry. Try not to freak out. As I hear it, you might pull the body off, but the head will stay attached. I guess this could cause infection or some other nasty fate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're supposed to use nail polish remover to get it to let go or die before yanking it out with tweezers.

You should check for ticks after any adventure in the woods. Don't stop at your arms and legs; you should have been checking those regularly during your adventure. When you get back to your tick-free home check everywhere. Especially down there...

Ticks love testicles