/me misses sensei

Without Sensei's guidance, I wouldn't still be on everything, and I would still be a l33t d00d. It all started one morning long ago, after a bad test grade and during my depression (which relatively wasn't that bad, more typical teen angst than anything). I came onto everything in a destructive state of mind, and started bashing nodes, trying to create trouble in the nodegel. I wanted to break something, and everything seemed an easy target. I left feeling better, but not for a reason I would have guessed: sensei and knifegirl both /msg'ed me, and rather than being outraged, as most would have been, they were understanding. Sensei agreed: there was a lot of bad noding on everything, but rants were not the way to make it better. They gently nuked my nodes, and a feeling of peace, corny as it may sound, swept over me. It didn't just affect my noding (I actually left everything2 for a while to concentrate elsewhere) but also the rest of my life: I became more understanding, I waited before acting. People noticed: I've been elected to my Church advisory board, and am no longer depressed. But does anyone know that it was all due to 2 people, one of whom was the ever understanding sensei, whom I've never met, never seen, never even heard their voice? Sensei was right: these relationships are not virtual at all, but very real.

/me misses sensei