I am drinking a 40-ounce of colt 45 and writing a self -introduction paper for my self fo junior writing. The assignment is a letter of introduction to a publishing house in order to do writing on east asian literature aimed at the general public. I feel like saying in my introduction that the only way for me to be mellow enough to write such crap is to write it while drinking a 40. My roommate is watching the fireman games on tv. I am telling him about the taste of wild turkey bourbon and how I once had to drink a bottle of it on a dare and how after drinking it everything seems easy to drink (with the exception of 99 bananas)

I am going to raise my bed up maybe so that the the stuff on my floor can be thrown under it.

We had a party last night but it was broken up by the RA, nobody was written up though. After the party got broken up (it was boring anyway) we went to the basement and played pool and mah-jongg, which was actually a lot more fun than drinking anyway. I have a shitload of homework for some strange reason. Something funny happened today in Japanese class- the past couple of days I have been kind of rusty seeing as how I have not spoken a lot in the past month. At the beginning of the class the teacher asked me a question and I was sort of stupid, and it took me a long time to answer the question because I couldn't think of anything to say. After the beginning of class we did and activity where we talked one-on-one and as soon as I opened my mouth BAM!!! I could talk again! After that class was good. As I said, I have a lot of work to do and so that is what I am going to be doing all weekend.

it's friday afternoon, which around here is the war of music. Everybody in my hall blasts their hip hop as loud as they can go and cranks up their bass. It's fun and nobody gets mad, because we all know that it's the weekend and we are going to have a wicked lot of fun.

I love college.

how lovely. I have been voted down. I think I will write some more. Tonight we are going out bowling with everybody from the party last night and me roommate also ( because last night he went clubbing in Springfield with his brother) After I go bowling I am going to come back and play mah-jongg. While in my recent buzzing stupor, I finished the majority of my homework for the weekend. I have left simply to do my linguistics reading. That leaves me with a great amount of time to do whatever I please for the rest of the weekend, with the exception of Sunday morning, when I am going running with the frisbee team. Sometimes you just feel like your life is drifting and you don't know where to. Friday afternoon is one of those times. Every friday afternoon I go to my room, listen to my loud music, and think about what I am going to do in the future. I suppose other people have their starry nights gazing at the heavens to think what they will do with themselves, but I have friday afternoons. I like starry nights better than that though because the permanence of the stars and their unfathomable distance make me realize that it doesn't matter what I do, a thought which comforts me greatly as I go through life. My professors lately have been trying to convince me that I should throw in with the great mass of scholars who work for the betterment of "man" and I am always uncertain as to whether or not I should do so. One told me that he believes that he can do something permanent to further the lives of all people. Although I enjoy studying linguistics I cannot see myself studying it for this reason. For me it is an end unto itself.