Norwegian hard rock band. TNT started in the Norwegian city of Trondheim in 1982. The members at that time were:
They started playing at clubs, but as people started to notice them, they got more fans. After a while they got a record deal with Vertigo, but since all of their lyrics were in Norwegian, the record was only released in Norway. This record, which was simply named "TNT" was far from successful.

In 1983, Steiner Eikum left the band. Morty Black, who was a friend of the rest of the band took his place. Dag Ingebrigtsen left the band in 1984 due to his personal problems. After this, the band received a tape from Tony Harnell, who became the new vocalist of TNT. After Harnell joined the band, TNT got a record deal with Polygram, which led to the release of "Knights Of The New Thunder" later that year. This time the lyrics were all in English, which led to international fame.

TNT released "Tell No Tales" in 1987, which was very different from their earlier albums. This album matched the term Poodle Rock perfectly, and made TNT popular in the US. This popularity led to a west coast tour the same year. The songs "10.000 lovers" and "Everyone's a Star" are the most known songs on that album. Morten "Diesel" Dahl left TNT After the tour, and Kenneth Odiin, took over the seat behind the drums.

In 1989 TNT released "Intuition" which started to sell in Japan at first. Even though Tony didn't want that song to be on the album personally because he thought it was too "pop".

In 1992 TNT released a new album named "Realized Fantasies" was released, after John Macaluso had taken Kenneth Odiin left the band. This album was very different from earlier TNT-material, so TNT lost many fans.

5 years went by before TNT released the next album, "Firefly", in 1997. TNT started touring Scandinavia and Japan (all concerts in Japan were sold out shortly after the tickets had been made available). August 1999 "Transistor" was released and featured more of the old style TNT.

Discography:
  • TNT (1983)
  • Knights of the New Thunder (1984)
  • Tell No Tales (1987)
  • Intuition (1989)
  • Realized Fantasies (1992)
  • Three Nights in Tokyo (1993)
  • Till Next Time (1996)
  • Firefly (1997)
  • Transistor (1999)

Most famous songs:
  • "10.000 Lovers"
  • "Harley Davidson" (UK version)
  • "Eddie" (US version)
  • "Knights Of The Thunder"

  • NOTE: Some of these songs are written by the bands that the individual TNT-members started.

Total Members:
Bands started by TNT-members:
Related Bands: