The Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Francheville is a Canadian organization created to help youth between the ages of 16 and 35 find employment, make career decisions, and engage in entrepreneurial activity. Being a non-profit organization, this is done freely, independant of social or economic class.

The CJE de Francheville offers the following services:
Help navigating available job postings
Listing educational institutions
Orientation in vocational training
Help with entrepreneurship ventures
Résumé writing, and interview practice
Details on job specifications
Workshops for starting a small business
Work projects

The offices are equiped with internet-capable computers, photocopiers, fax machines, telephones, newspapers, a job bank, lists of local business and industry, reams of sheets about educational opportunities, application forms for exchanges and international study, government publications, and lots of service staff.

The CJE de Francheville services 16 municipalities in central Québec, with two offices; one in Trois-Rivières, and the other in Ste-Geneviève-de-Batiscan.

My own experience with the CJE is a work project of making a mural, for which they bought all the supplies, and provided an area artist, Éric Godin, as a resource person. The were several students from the UQTR, as well as two girls from the Cégep de Trois-Rivières, and a girl who works at Omer DeSerres.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.