British actor Clive Owen (1965-) was born and raised in Coventry, England. Two years after high school, he entered the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England, from which he graduated in 1986.
His professional stage debut was with the Young Vic Company with which he played Claudio in "Measure for Measure" and Romeo in "Romeo and Juliet". Soon his sex appeal and acting talent awarded him a series of TV contracts:
- 2001: Received Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Ensemble for "Gosford Park";
- 2001: Received Florida Film Critics Circle Award for Best Ensemble for "Gosford Park";
- 2001: Received Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Acting Ensemble for "Gosford Park";
- 2001: Received The Actor for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture for "Gosford Park".
- Father: Country-western singer. Divorced from Owen's mother c. 1968; did not see son again until c. 1984.
- Mother: Divorced from Owen's father; remarried.
- Wife: Sarah-Jane Fenton. Actress. Met when they appeared together as "Romeo and Juliet"; married c. 1994.
- Daughter: Hannah Owen. Born in 1997.
- Daughter: Eve Owen. Born in September 1999.
Links & Sources
- Clive's bio: http://www.murphsplace.com/owen/cobio.html
- Young Vic Theatre Company: http://www.youngvic.org/
How to reach Clive Owen:
Send mail to:
Oxford House, 76 Oxford Street
London W1D 1BS
Before you leave...
Jani: Are you a believer in astrology?
Jack: No. But then, I'm a Gemini, and Geminis don't believe in astrology.