An album by KOMPRESSOR, released March 25, 2002. KOMPRESSOR is an industrial artist. He has an interesting past:
artist ANDREAS K. born in BREMEN, GERMANY come to united states of america for computerprogram job. now dedicated to crushing america with industrial might

-- http://www.kompressormusic.com/bio.html

The instruments he uses are "SYNTH, CRUSH, FEAR, DEATH". Just as general advice, I'd advise you check out and listen to some KOMPRESSOR. There's nothing else like the pure, raw anger found in his tracks.
RECORDED AT KOMPRESSORSTUDIO 9-01 TO 1-02. MIXED AND MASTERED 2-02. ALBUM WILL SHIP ON 25 MARCH 2002.

-- http://www.kompressormusic.com/buy.html

Tracks are as follows. Bold tracks are only available from this CD and not available for download from Ampcast.
  1. INTRODUCTION serves as an industrial yet almost trance piece that seems to build from slow and almost calm to setting a mood of tension for the rest of the album. No vocals, just beats.
  2. RAPPERS WE CRUSH features M.C. Frontalot. This is a less-than-average KOMPRESSOR song, in my opinion, but I don't really like M.C. Frontalot.
  3. DO NOT PLAY WITH FIRE is the latest of KOMPRESSOR's usually hilarious "educational" songs. (Others of this genre include VITAMINS ARE GOOD, ADDING UP NUMBERS and BRUSH YOUR TEETH). KOMPRESSOR wishes that you play them for younger children. What makes it best is that you could play them for small children, as there's nothing really objectionable in them, and they do have a rather good message. DO NOT PLAY WITH FIRE seems below the par for KOMPRESSOR's usual fare in this area.
  4. VITAMINS ARE GOOD is of the same KOMPRESSORGENRE as DO NOT PLAY WITH FIRE, but much more entertaining. The melody is better, and hearing KOMPRESSOR explain the various merits of vitamin C and thiamine is just great.
  5. LANDSCHALTGESTALTUNG is one of my personal all-time KOMPRESSOR favorites. A hilarious description of KOMPRESSOR's landscaping service -- "IF A SQUIRREL EATING FLOWER, KOMPRESSOR MAKE THEM HURT!"
  6. WE MUST DESTROY X10 will be enjoyable to anyone who has ever browsed the Web, whether they like industrial or not. The song implores the listener, saying that "WE MUST DESTROY X10. WE MUST DESTROY ALL INTERNET AD." Other great lines include "POPPING UP WINDOW IS COMPUTER ASSAULT."
  7. YOU GET SALMONELLA. Despite the enjoyable and even somewhat groovy beat in this one, the lyrics just aren't that great. Could have been much more enjoyable.
  8. CRUSH TELEVISION. The album's title track. Like DESTROY MASS MEDIA, another one of KOMPRESSOR's protests at largely corporate society. "PUBLIC OPINION IS USELESS ... KOMPRESSOR CRUSH TELEVISION, KOMPRESSOR TAKE CONTROL." Not bad but not great.
  9. SKYLINE -- industrial, yet funky and even upbeat. KOMPRESSOR originally released this song after 9/11 as "a tribute to citizen in NEW YORK CITY".
  10. VOGEL UND REPTILIAN -- slow and almost ominous beat, with even more ominous vocals for the chorus. As it fades out, THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA fades in.
  11. THE GIRL FROM IPANEMA is simply genius. KOMPRESSOR's first love song. "The girl from Ipanema goes walking, and when she passes, what she passes goes... AAAAAUUUGGGGGGGHHHHH!" The harsh vocals and synth beats are a brilliant counterpoint to the lyrics. "HHHHOOOOOWWWW can he tell her he loves her?"
  12. FIST OF FEAR is another one of the "KOMPRESSOR CRUSH YOU" songs, similar to KOMPRESSOR IN ACTION, ZERO TO PHANTOM, or YOU GET SALMONELLA. Good background music, especially the harmony and the drum beats, and decent lyrics.
  13. YOU NEED WORDS. Yet another "educational" song, like BRUSH YOUR TEETH. "YOU CAN USE FOR ... INSTRUCTION OF OPERATING SYNTHESIZER, AND CAUSING FEAR IN DOUBTERS OF KOMPRESSOR!" Pretty funny, but not as bbrilliant as some of KOMPRESSOR's other compositions.
  14. BRUSH YOUR TEETH is one of KOMPRESSOR's brilliant compisitions. The lyrics are simply amazing; this can't be stressed enough.
  15. IF I WAS A RABBIT. "IF I WAS A RABBIT... I WOULD ROCK! IF I WAS A RABBIT... I WOULD ROLL!" Enjoyable to listen to, decently funny, but nothing that will leave you rolling on the floor. Not me anyway.
Overall, the album is a good production, although some of the songs could have perhaps used more work. Includes much of KOMPRESSOR's classic fare (WE MUST DESTROY X10, BRUSH YOUR TEETH) as well as some enjoyable new tracks (CRUSH TELEVISION, YOU NEED WORDS). I'd say worth buying (available from kompressormusic.com).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.