This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is only a test.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is used to broadcast news and information about an emergency (A big-ass monster like Godzilla, a natural disaster like an earthquake, Kit Lo getting his just desserts in a first date, etc.). If this was a real emergency, the beep would have been followed with news and instructions.

This concludes the test of the emergency broadcast system.

I actually haven't heard them do a test of the emergency broadcast system in a long time. Maybe they discontinued it. Anyway, It goes like this:

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is only a test.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...EEEEP!

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. The broadcasters of your area, in voluntary cooperation with Federal, State, and Local authorities, have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an emergency. If this had been an actual emergency, the attention signal you just heard would have been followed by news and instructions. This system serves the ((city/county)) area. This concludes this test of the emergency broadcast system.

The United States emergency communications capability was re-examined following the Cuban missile crisis of 1961. This resulted in the scrapping of EBS's predecessor CONELRAD.

Designed with local use in mind in the case of disasters, the Emergency Broadcast System was still hoped to be useful in the event of a nuclear emergency. The familiar two-tone alert was developed for the Emergency Broadcast System, as well as the monthly tests to ensure that the system worked properly. EBS was used extensively for local emergencies, such as brush fires and hurricanes, and while it was never needed to warn of a nuclear attack, it did fulfill its purpose to warn the American people of natural disasters. In 1997, the Emergency Alert System updated the EBS, and so the eerie test messages faded into history.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.