Inner Sphere Classified Files: The Major Houses
Federated Suns - House Davion

BACK TO MAIN FILE
PREVIOUS HOUSE/NEXT HOUSE

Leader: Prince Victor Steiner-Davion
Capital: New Avalon
Founded: 2317 (Federated Suns)
3056 (Federated Commonwealth)

A playable House in the game Mechwarrior. Though Davion forces control more territory than any other House, Davion's great influence in the Inner Sphere derives as much from an past as from its extensive holdings. Founded in the wake of popular resistance to the Terran Hegemony, Federated Commonwealth society contains democratic elements, but remains an aristocracy as most of the other Houses do. The Federated Commonwealth is largely a society of a few very wealthy, highly developed worlds and a mass of more provincial ones.

A succession of powerful rulers culminated in the reign of Prince Hanse Davion, who ushered in a new era of military strength as well as scientific advancement for the Federated Suns, making them the most tactically and technologically advanced of the Houses. His heir, Prince Victor Steiner-Davion, returned from the successful struggle against the Clans to find his throne stolen by Katrina Steiner-Davion, his sister. Reluctant to drag his state into war against his sister, he eventually came to oppose her openly.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.