Feng Shui is also a powerful martial art, practiced mostly in northwest California. Crack teams of trained Feng Shui ninjas will invade your home while you are away, and using great subtlety, rearrange your furnishings just so such that your life and everything in it will just go to hell. Afterwards, your love life will be ruined, you'll lose your job, your car will spontaneously combust(1) , and you will find yourself unsatisfied by your meals, despite putting on tremendous amounts of extra weight. This is not a martial art to be trifled with...

(1) This actually happened to a friend of mine. Granted it was a 1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, but that's not the point...

Feng Shui, as noded above, is also a role-playing game. It was originally published by Daedalus Entertainment who later stopped working on it, and then it got rescued by Atlas Games (who are now getting a reputation for rescuing games from near oblivion.) It also had a CCG based on it, Shadowfist.

The basis for the game is that many evil organizations of villains are secretly trying to control "places of power" (or, Feng Shui sites). The villains range from future tyranical government organizations (complete with future technology), to ancient evil Chinese warlocks, to shape changing animals. There are a few secret organizations of heroes, as well.

Feng Shui is the roleplaying game of Hong Kong action cinema published by Atlas Games. In a word, Feng Shui is "quick."

The game has been designed to encompass all the classic genres of Honk Kong action cinema, from the ancient mystic wire-fu of movies like A Chinese Ghost Story and Iron Monkey, to contemporary stories like Police Story and Rumble in the Bronx, to dystopic future. Furthermore, Feng Shui's universe allows for time travel, so all of these characters can kick each other's butts.

To this end, character design is based on templates, which may be customized to fit the player's vision. Although some people may feel that the templates are limiting, they serve to make get players into the game faster, and that futher serves the game's feel of non-stop action.

The main plot device of Feng Shui involves a Secret War to control all of time by gaining control over nodes of chi energy located across the Earth. Exerting influence over these locations allows one to shape the fate of the world to one's desires. Player characters have become aware of this Secret War, and work to prevent facist dark forces from ruining their day. It is from this plot device that Feng Shui takes its name.

The game simulates the genre well. Badguys without names, called "mooks," drop en masse, while named villains are significantly tougher to take out. Vehicles are rated for "coolness" as much as for speed. Triad henchmen are larger than refrigerators with tell-tale scars. Mechanics are simple enough that play keeps moving, and game jargon is often taken from cinematic terms (battles are kept track of in terms of "sequences," which are 3 seconds long, and "shots," the actual moves being performed. Characters are awarded bonuses for imaginative descriptions they give their attacks, and penalties for boring non-descriptive attacks ("I shoot him").

Ok, I've thought of a few things which help you if you're trying to decorate your room Feng Shui style. These are direct facts, wether you're using them for Animal crossing, or just Interior Decorating, they work.

  • 1. Put Yellow things near the West
  • 2. Put Orange things to the North
  • 3. Put Red things to the East
  • 4. Put Green things to the South
  • 5. NEVER put dolls or anything wih faces, looking at a wall
  • 6. Try to avoid working or sleeping under beams.
  • 7. Make your room have a special theme.
  • 8. Do not let yourself be able to see you work area, from your comfort area

Hopefully these helpful tips will make your decorating life better.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.