.

This is a great little recipe to add to your list of favorite Dim Sum, its so cute. It's called Paper Wrapped Shrimp Rolls.


To make this, you'll need:



Mix this all together in a bowl with wet hands. Don't ask me why your hands should be wet, I don't know.


You should have started heating your wok with 1/4 cup oil in it. You will heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.


You will also need:


Once the oil is hot, start filling the wrappers by putting one and a half teaspoons of filling in each wrapper. To fold, place one corner of the wrapper 1/3 of the way toward the middle. Take its opposite side and wet it with the cornstarch water, and place it on top, (the cornstarch water will help seal the egg roll so that the filling doesn't spill everywhere). Then take one of the remaining edges and start rolling. You'll make it to the middle and recognize the shape it is taking on. When you come to the other end, use the cornstarch water wet the other corner, and seal it all together. Now you have an egg roll that is ready to be fried. You can wrap them all up ahead of time or roll them while frying. When cooking them, wait till they are on the dark side that way, the filling will be cooked. After you're done cooking them, place them on a paper towel so that they can drain.


The book says to serve with Hoisin Sauce, but I must admit that I did not wait that long to eat them. =)




Dim Sum: The Essential Kitchen. By Vicki Liley.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.