Slang term for the high parts of an acid trip. Always makes me think of that This is your brain on drugs commercial.

Listen on a quiet weekend night and you can probably hear someone screaming "I'm frying my balls off!" Not to be confused with 'im trippin my nut sack into a frenzy of dik play'.

Frying is an old video game term used to describe the practice of rapidly pressing the reset button of a older cartridge system (Intellivision, Atari 2600) to try and get it to jump into a random location on the cart and start executing. Usually it wouldn't work, but sometimes, there were bonuses and higher levels to be gained by doing this risky and frantic procedure. Certain hidden or "jumped" out sections of code worked like this. There is a hidden game in the Intellivision game Astrosmash if you fry it correctly (it's an Asteriods clone).

The process by which almost any edible substance is made even better. My personal theory of cooking states that if a certain food sucks, frying it will almost certainly make it less sucky. Frying can be applied to almost anything - vegetables, meats, poultry and seafood, even ice cream. Fried ice cream is the best example of this theory. If you fry ice cream, it makes it better, which is amazing, because how could ice cream get any better?

A list of certain foods that are made better by frying:

  • tomato
  • squid - I've had this prepared many ways, and calimari beats them all, hands down.
  • ice cream - ice cream with a crunch!
  • chicken
  • fish - flounder, red snapper, swordfish, etc.
  • potato - french fries!
  • MarsTM bar
  • onion - fried onions, onion rings
  • mushroom
  • beef
  • pork - pork rinds, pork skin, etc.

    note: "better" in this sense obviously does not have anything to do with healthiness. remember to keep it all in moderation, folks.

  • Fry"ing, n.

    The process denoted by the verb fry.

    Frying pan, an iron pan with a long handle, used for frying meat. vegetables, etc.

     

    © Webster 1913.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.