Here's a compilation of some serious thinking that have occurred over a long period of time within and without relationships:

"It would be stupid not to rationalize all the flaws the other person has. But the best part is when you start to accept them in order to continue loving the person."

"When your partner is questioning your character, and does so many times throughout, the relationship is in deep sh!t."

"Flaws are usually easier to rationalize than the positive characteristics. I don't know about you, but when the relationship is flailing, I think about the flaws (in her and myself). When the relationship is good, I don't think, I just enjoy and be."

"I'm just so lucky that she's so damn sexy!"

"Anyone who asks to see their private life (private life meaning any thoughts or anything else that have no relevance to the other person) is asking for trouble. The other person should just leave it alone."

"Acceptance means to love, and to love means to accept."

"Never assume anything."

"If you are confused, that means you're trying."

(updated frequently)

That nothing lasts forever, not even love, and that love itself may not even exist but it only comforts us that it does. Similar to religion and the general belief in a god.

But despite all this, it's good to lie to yourself now and then, and I'm about ready for a damn good lie. How about you?

Love doesn't just stay there, it can become faded like a pair of overwashed jeans, but you can renew it or strengthen it if you really want to.

It's okay not to be in love. Just have some fun already.

Two people should be able to tell each other anything. If their truth hurts you, it's your fault. Truth should be taken as just that, truth.

Hiding yourself is a bad idea - he/she may think he/she's in love with you, but if you're too afraid to say things, is it really you?

Most people can't handle the truth.

Don't settle. It'll never make you happy, only more blind.

The most important realization is that relationships are meant to drive you insane.

For a relationship to be secure you need to know you can ask the other person anything, and get an honest answer, and that you can tell them anything and be listened to

Once you know that, you need to stop and think if you should ask them this or tell them that. Will the information hurt them or you more than not knowing?

My realisation was that I could tell my partner anything but that he didn't need to know everything

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.