Our friend bane221 is having a New Year's Party, and the theme is black and white. He's going all out and making everything black and white, including the food. This is where you enter the fray: we need your best recipes in Black and White.
Submit recipes for black and white food. The food can be any course (appetizers, main, dessert etc.) and come from any culinary tradition. The finished dishes can't contain any element that's another colour - say red, green, or blue - and must contain both black and white. (We'll cut some slack here: "black" may shade into grey or dark brown, "white" into cream.)
Please read E2 FAQ: Recipes before submitting your recipe. That FAQ gives valuable information on
- format, including how to list ingredients, write up method, and present food names and measurements
- copyright (bottom line: don't copy verbatim from another source)
- providing commentary
Writing recipes is an elastic business. You need to keep your freedom of artistic expression as much as possible. However, try to remember that some people cooking these creations of yours are kitchen novices, and need as much guidance as possible. That is why using the guidelines set out in E2 FAQ: Recipes will result in greater rewards for the quest participants. Keep it clear, straightforward and logical and you will indeed reap the festive season cream. To wit...
We do not promise that we, bane221, or anyone else, even your mother, will prepare your recipe, but we're an astute bunch of cooks, so any recipe looks plausible and as if it will result in a black and white dish will be accepted. You will be listed below, gain fame and glory, and one golden trinket for each valid entry. One golden trinket = 10 xp.
If you also tell us at least two (2) cookery sub-nodes in which your recipe fits (i.e. where it will fit under alphabetised recipes as well as under categorised recipes and/or regional recipes), you will receive another golden trinket.
Really kick-ass recipes that contain interesting and useful commentary, measures listed in both metric and imperial units, and easy to follow and clear instructions for preparation will receive yet another golden trinket. That's up to 30 xp for one good entry! You can enter as many recipes as you like. And you can go to the party. Just don't tell bane221 we sent you, though.
The Fine Print
Submit your entries to user recipe, please, using the blab box at the top of this write-up or the blab box on user recipe's homenode.*
Entries must be posted between the time this write-up was posted (November 29 2004 at 6:30 PM) and December 23 2004 at 12:00 midnight server time.
Which means the quest is now closed! Thanks for your entries.
So get cooking!
*The user recipe is actually a group account; the members of the group active in administering this quest are anthropod, oakling, ouroboros, and sneff.
- Mer says: I give you black and white cookies.
- Myrkabah says: I submit for the black&white food quest Nutella and Marshmallow Creme Tortillas.
- smartalix says: I wrote Caviar roll for the B&W quest. The dish looks very striking, black-outlined circles of white with black centers. They taste good, too.
- Tato says: I fondly revive black and white pizza for the quest.
- wrinkly says: try this: Squid ink pasta with seafood Buon appetito! :)
- Lord Matthius says: Just submitting my recipe, Double Chocolate Chip Cookie and Marshmallow Pie.
- swankivy says I couldn't resist participating in the Quest! My recipe is Checkerboard cookies.
- iamkaym says I just posted Simple spaghetti in black and white
- telbij says You're gonna need comfort food on this list if you don't want to get sick thus I submit to you Black Beans and Rice!
- Dasysolon says I would like to submit, Black and White Chocolate Macaroon Tart for the quest.
- Maylith submits Black and White Endive Salad
- iamkaym says: Here is Black and white TV munchies.
- Wolfang says my recipe for How to Make Root Beer if it made just right could be black and white, the black of the drink and the white head of the foamy goodness.
- cordyceps says Bok choy stems in monochromatic sauce
- WarMachine says Death By Chocolate is my sumbition :)
- heppigirl says : Hello nice folk! I have just sumbitted Black and White Canapés, It's been fun! :))
- ariels says I humbly submit nigella rice. Pure black and white food, no shades of grey, just like the rest of my nodes.
- Sarita says I submit puppy chow to your venerable quest. Enjoy!
- LudditeAndroid says Please add Black and White Sesame Panna Cotta to the recipe quest
- Cimorene says I give you buckeyes for the quest!
- Nemosyn says I submit Chocolate Ravioli, which fits into categories pasta, cheese and chocolate.
- Cimorene says I also offer up twinkie cake for your monochromatic quest.
And honourable mentions to these, which were posted before the quest but still black and white:
- jessicapierce says You might want to try Oreo Sludge Bars - they're quite an unappetizing charcoal gray, if done right. And oh so good for the tummy.
- TheLady says this is not new, but recent, and I think would look quite good on a b&w buffet table...
- princess loulou says: can i suggest Chipirones en su tinta gets a mention as a previously noded recipe. Chipirones are white and the ink sauce is black. perfect!
- heppigirl says another two older recipes which I think should be given honourable mentions are Irish coffee and lamington. (Just a thought :))
There is one at every party
- in10se says how about serving Guinness (black) with a nice thick head on it (white)?