Derived from the German word strafen - to punish. To shoot at a target while moving. If you are in an A-10 Thunderbolt II and open fire on a line of tanks or paratroops, it may be said that you are strafing them.

Also an attack/evasion technique in first-person shooters. Involves walking/running either sideways relative to, or in circles around, a target. When one is running away from an angry mob, one may leap left and right in addition to running in direction of escape in order to evade the hail of bullets coming from the person or persons in hot pursuit. If engaging one or more enemies, strafing refers to a condition in which one runs in circles around the enemy while firing one or more weapons. It is highly common for two or more people to circle around each other while firing; this may be the best example of strafing.

Transforms from spaceship to robot and back!

TECHNOBOT: STRAFE

FUNCTION: AERIAL GUNNER
"Shoot everywhere -- since that's where the enemies are."

He never looks at his targets before he shoots since he never aims--he just sprays artillery in all directions as soon as he arrives. High-strung, unnerved by quiet, expert marksmen. Lightning fast reflexes. In vehicle mode, maximum ground speed: 250 mph; maximum air speed: 580 mph. Carries twin automatic light-pulse blasters. In robot mode, uses heat-ray rifle. Combines with fellow Technobots to form "Computron".

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 4
Transformers Tech Specs


Yet another Transformer who suffered from wide and triangular "full length skirt" legs, but still plenty sharp-looking for it. The spaceship/jet had wide wings in the back and two stabilizers near the front, with no cockpit and two enormous guns sticking out the front of the craft instead. The entire Technobot lineup was very anime-inspired, and Strafe was no exception.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.