"...blessed is the man who takes refuge in him". From Psalm 34:8, written, quite ecstatically, and with supreme confidence, by King David, who extols various benefits, e.g., "he delivered me from all my fears... saved (me) out of all (my) troubles...", and "those who seek the Lord lack no good thing". The fruits of an intensely personal, long-running relationship with God. But all this "tasting" and "seeing" is surely codswallop to those devoted to secular religions. So be it.

In a moment of weakness on a communion Sunday at my church, I realized just how much I enjoyed the body and the blood of the Christ.

"Take, eat, His body and His blood, shed for you."

Grr... there goes my stomach again. I'm so hungry I could eat a deity!

"Take, eat, His body and His blood, shed for you."

Ooh, he's comin' towards me... My turn... My turn!

"Take, eat, His body and His blood, shed for you."

Crunch Smack *Gulp*
Sluuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp!

Mmmmmmm..... The Christ was delicious! I want another!

"Hey Pastor, can I ahhh..."

No, you fool! Now's not the time!

"umm... you know, Jesus was an excellent poker player."

Arrrgh! You've failed me once again!

"Go get some food."

"Right."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.