Jesus' Guidelines for Eating

Toward the end of the Essene Gospel of Peace, Jesus teaches important rules for eating. The simple diet Jesus recommends here is both cleansing and building to the human body. It's important to remember that eating should be regulated by instinct, and we should eat not only when actually hungry, but also that which we truly desire. The important guidelines for eating, according to the words of Jesus in the Essene Gospel of Peace, are:

"Eat only when called by the angel of appetite... Cook not... Neither mix all things with one another, lest your bowels become as steaming bogs...

Be content with two or three sorts of foods, which you will always find around you... Never eat unto fullness... Satan and his power tempt you to eat more and more, but live by the spirit and resist the desires of the body...

Your fasting is always pleasing in the eyes of the angels of God. So give heed to how much you have eaten when you are sated (satisfied), and eat less always by a third...

Let the weight of your daily food be not less than a "mina" (a Hebrew weight approximately 99/100ths of a pound), but mark that it not go beyond two...(i.e., between one and two pounds of food a day)...

Trouble not the work of the angels in your body by eating often. For I tell you truly, he who eats more than twice in the day does in him the work of Satan. Eat only when the Sun is highest in the heavens, and once again when it is set... and if you will that Satan shuns you afar, then sit but once in the day at the table of God...

Eat not unclean foods brought from afar, but eat what your trees bear, for your God knows what is needful of you, and where, and when...

Eat not as the heathen do, who stuff themselves in haste, defiling their bodies with all manner of abomination. Eat always from the table of God: the fruit of the trees, the grasses and grains of the field, the milk of beasts, and the honey of bees. For everything beyond these is of Satan, and leads by the way of sins and diseases unto death...

Breathe long and deeply with all your meals, and chew well your food with your teeth, that it become water, and that the angel of water turns it into blood in your body... And eat slowly, as it were a prayer you make to the Lord. For I tell you truly, the power of God enters into you, if you eat after this manner... but Satan turns into a steaming bog the body of him upon whom the angels of air (breathing long and deeply at meals) and water (chewing food into a liquid) do not descend at his repasts...

Put naught upon the alter of the Lord when your spirit is vexed, neither think upon anyone with anger in the temple of God. And enter only into the Lord's sanctuary when you feel in yourselves the call of his angels, for all that you eat in sorrow, or in anger, or without desire, becomes a poison in your body...

Place with joy your offerings upon the alter of your body,. and remember every seventh day is holy and consecrated to God. On six days feed your body with the gifts of the earthly Mother, but on the seventh day sanctify your body for your heavenly Father. On the seventh day, eat not any earthly food, but live only upon the words of God."

(Quoted from the Essene Gospel of Peace, which, after chatting with Jurph, seems to be a highly dubious source)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.