Something with a high "feel-good" factor can be said to be uplifting.
I find good music and beauty in nature to be uplifting.
Anything can be uplifting, depending on one's tastes. Friends of mine find going out and getting into a good fight can lift them out of the doldrums.

A genre of trance music (not really limited to trance but, this is probably the most known genre) with (very) long build-up sequences (stereo)typically consisting of a synthsound that starts out real quiet (and often as the only audible sound, at first) with high cut-off and then builds up by increasing volume, decreasing cut-off and sometimes also increasing pitch. Another very typical element in an uplifting trance build-up sequence is an aggressive snare fill (sometimes also a similar bassdrum fill).

A couple of well-known artists making uplifting trance (track name examples in brackets)

  • Armin (Communication)
  • Gouryella (Gouryella, Walhalla, Tenshi)
  • Svenson and Gielen (Beauty of Silence)
  • Lost Witness (Happiness happening)
  • Skynet UK (Open the Floodgates)

(see Break's wu on kiksutrance for more examples.)

At rave parties this is often the point where the VJs (videojockey, if present) and LJs (lightjockey, a necessity) go crazy and the arena is flooded with scanners, strobes and smoke. Also, for those rolling on E or speed this is typically the point where the drugs peak and people dance like crazy (because they feel like young Gods on an egotrip).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.