See Webster 1913's definition #2.

If you are a cusp, you were born on the 21-23 day of any month, and your true astrological profile may overlap into the adjacent sign.

for example...

I was born in Virgo on the 22nd of September in the Age of Pisces. As of 2000 we are now in the Age of Aquarius, and for whatever obscure reason the crossover to Libra is now September 21. I am supposedly a Virgo but never identified. Since learning about this phenomenon I have always fancied myself a Libra.

I am not an astrology geek

CUSP: Carleton's Utterly Simple Processor

A simulated CISC machine written in PASCAL for the purpose of teaching the basics of assembly language. The assembler for the CUSP assembly language is called CHASM. Instead of creating byte code it returns a human readable file containing the hexadecimal equivalent of the instructions in your source file, which can then be loaded into CUSP and run altogether, or single stepped through to see the effect of each instruction on all the registers and memory locations.
CUSP uses 24 bit memory words, and 12 bit memory addresses, a 24 bit accumulator and instruction register, a 12 bit program counter, index register, stack pointer, and frame pointer.
CUSP instructions consist of an 8 bit opcode, a 4 bit addressing mode, and a 12 bit operand.
Example: $042001 is the instruction to store the contents of the accumulator in memory location $001.

Here's some sample code in assembler mnemonics :
LDA      $E00
ADA#     1
STA       $E00

That code snippet loads the accumulator with the value stored at memory location $E00, adds 1 to it, then stores it back in the same place.

Cusp (k?sp), n. [L. cuspis, -idis, point, pointed end.]

1. Arch.

A triangular protection from the intrados of an arch, or from an inner curve of tracery.

2. Astrol.

The beginning or first entrance of any house in the calculations of nativities, etc.

3. Astron

The point or horn of the crescent moon or other crescent-shaped luminary.

4. Math.

A multiple point of a curve at which two or more branches of the curve have a common tangent.

5. Anat.

A prominence or point, especially on the crown of a tooth.

6. Bot.

A sharp and rigid point.

 

© Webster 1913.


Cusp, v. t. [imp. & p.p. Cusped (k?spt); p.pr. & vb. n. Cusping.]

To furnish with a cusp or cusps.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.