If you ask any noder where they've encountered the perfectly cromulent word "Modren" before, you'll get one of two answers. The first is on an old node here on E2 titled LieQuest 2022. The other place they've heard it is from Dennis DeYoung singing it on the Styx song titled Mr. Roboto.

The origin of the word goes back to 1956. Jackie Gleason, a famous comedian, actor, and professional victim immortalized in old Charles Atlas ads getting sand kicked in his face, had a well-known comedy skit about the "modern man". For decades, his definition of "modern" man stuck in the zeitgeist of mental permutations in popular culture. A man who was considered "modern" smoked Chesterfields, drank hard liquor, and liked their women to be submissive and accepting of slaps on the buttocks.

In the early 1970's, the Women's Lib movement started to burn their bras and force men to stop acting like Neanderthals. The definition of a "modern" man changed to "modren" (indicating a more modern "modern" man) through the higher educational system and some impressive right hooks and uppercuts by professional women boxers beating hapless and clueless men into submission. This new definition showed men the errors of Jackie Gleason's ways, especially trying to do a "Bang! Zoom! Right to the moon, Alice!" from the sitcom The Honeymooners.

This slow change in hard-headed males took so long to get instilled that the women finally used a Harbor Freight-brand drill to give all men a lobotomy and stick in control circuitry created by Mark Zuckerberg (just before he revealed himself to be the leader of the Lizardpersons from the center of the Earth). For the evolution of modren to the next level, see the node on modrensssssththththth.

Now, we know from future history that Zuckerberg had a Dennis DeYoung fetish, especially when he sang "Babe", and had his laptop quantum entangled to the Styx singer's TRS-80. While Dennis was writing the lyrics to Mr. Roboto, Zuckerberg's laptop corrected the spelling of "modern" to the more accurate (timelinewise) word "modren". The rest, as they say, is history.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.