A film by Mike Leigh. A scathing, occasionally brilliant look at Britain in the post-Thatcher era, starring David Thewlis as Johnny, an unemployed layabout with a philosophical bent and a nasty edge. In the opening scene, he's committing rape, and before the credits even roll, he's also stolen a car to flee from Manchester to the London home of an old girlfriend (Lesley Sharp). The film's loose, sprawling narrative follows Johnny as he randomly makes his way through the streets of London, encountering a homeless Scottish couple, a nightwatchman and a series of women whom he charms and discards. He lives defiantly outside of the system, refusing to conform to the demands of anyone (including himself). Thewlis is remarkable - his Johnny is by turns brilliant and ridiculous, sympathetic and loathsome, and the film follows his lead on the road to nowhere.

The state in which I sleep; It's so comfortable that I can't sleep any other way when sleeping naked is an option. That's actually my greatest of secrets. I've only told two people, off the top of my head.

When I told the first, we were making out in her brother's room. She was too young, and I was too horny, and so as an attempt to get some more I decided to tell her this greatest secret of mine.

"Do you want to know my biggest secret?" I asked her.

"Sure," was the response.

"I sleep naked."

"Oh. Aren't you paranoid that someone will notice?"

"No. I'm an only child."

"Oh."

I didn't get any more that time, and I had squandered the intimacy of my greatest secret.

The next time was more legitimate. The girl, the oldest one, had just told me her greatest secret; to sum it up, it meant she had no interest in me whatsoever. She then wanted to know mine. When I told her, she decided to call me "Breezy" from then on.

This is the third and greatest use of my greatest of secrets.

Naked
Food-Juice

This is 100% juice that is 100% incredible. It's the best thing I've tasted in years and is as close as you can get to making it yourself at home, without any of that artificial color, flavor, or preservative taste.

It's thick and fresh, and can replace a whole meal, becaues it's pretty filling. I've had one every morning for breakfast for the past month.

For the healthy freaks, they offer some organic juices, as well as soy shakes, and protein filled drinks.

Seriously, this is not an advertising for the company who produces this excellent beverage - really try it yourself! It's a bit expensive, I pay about $3 per bottle, in NYC.

I'm not going to list all the flavors - you can check them out yourself on www.nakedjuice.com.

Na"ked (?), a. [AS. nacod; akin to D. naakt, G. nackt, OHG. nacchot, nahhot, Icel. nokvir, nakinn, Sw. naken, Dan. nogen, Goth. naqas, Lith. ngas, Russ. nagii, L. nudus, Skr. nagna. &root;266. Cf. Nude.]

1.

Having no clothes on; uncovered; nude; bare; as, a naked body; a naked limb; a naked sword.

2.

Having no means of defense or protection; open; unarmed; defenseless.

Thy power is full naked. Chaucer.

Behold my bosom naked to your swords. Addison.

3.

Unprovided with needful or desirable accessories, means of sustenance, etc.; destitute; unaided; bare.

Patriots who had exposed themselves for the public, and whom they say now left naked. Milton.

4.

Without addition, exaggeration, or excuses; not concealed or disguised; open to view; manifest; plain.

The truth appears so naked on my side, That any purblind eye may find it out. Shak.

All things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we to do. Heb. iv. 13.

5.

Mere; simple; plain.

The very naked name of love. Shak.

6. Bot.

Without pubescence; as, a naked leaf or stem; bare, or not covered by the customary parts, as a flower without a perianth, a stem without leaves, seeds without a pericarp, buds without bud scales.

7. Mus.

Not having the full complement of tones; -- said of a chord of only two tones, which requires a third tone to be sounded with them to make the combination pleasing to the ear; as, a naked fourth or fifth.

<-- = open fourth, fifth? -->

Naked bed, a bed the occupant of which is naked, no night linen being worn in ancient times. Shak. -- Naked eye, the eye alone, unaided by glasses, or by telescope, microscope, or the like. -- Naked-eyed medusa. Zool. See Hydromedusa. -- Naked flooring Carp., the timberwork which supports a floor. Gwilt. -- Naked mollusk Zool., a nudibranch. -- Naked wood Bot., a large rhamnaceous tree (Colibrina reclinata) of Southern Florida and the West Indies, having a hard and heavy heartwood, which takes a fine polish. C. S. Sargent.

Syn. -- Nude; bare; denuded; uncovered; unclothed; exposed; unarmed; plain; defenseless.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.