Comedy TV show on the Nickelodeon network from 1984 to 1991. It was sort of a humorous kids' newsmagazine show, featuring short reports on (usually) completely fictional subjects. Featured Dave Coulier, later of Full House, as the host trying to keep his scatterbrained reporters Angela, Diz, and Hern Berferd together.

Full title: "Out of Control - The New Biology of Machines", written by Kevin Kelly, editor of "Wired" magazine. First published, USA (1994) Addison Wesley Inc., in the UK (1994), Fourth Estate Ltd. 666 Pages.

A study of the latest developments (as of '94) in genetic programming, simulation, prediction, evolution theory and networks, to name but a few of the themes. Tells also of the increasing similarities between the "born" and the "made" - in other words the crossover between biology and computer science.

"An engaging non-stop tour of the high-tech ecological consciousness of the nineties."

Times Literary Supplement.

This book's range and power is shown by the fact that after reading it, although it is about computers, I decided to take up gardening, spend more time with my nephews and nieces, and do more travelling.

Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Avalon Hill
Model Number: 50050
Rarity: 9 Extremely Rare
Year of Release: 1983
Programmer: Jim Jacob

It is a futuristic space race, but your ship is out of control. Navigate swiftly through the interstellar course in an attempt to post the best times in the #1 Sport in the galaxy.

This is a race game with no enemies to speak of. You must navigate your ship (which looks and feels just like the ship in Asteroids), through a slalom course. At the end of which you have to pop a series of ten balloons, and then perform a docking maneuver. The graphics are not as good as most of Avalon Hill's other titles (most notable is the fact that most items have only a single color, most 2600 games coming out in 1983 were more colorful).

This game accepts no failures. If you miss a pylon, you have to go back and get it. If you hit an obstacle, you must backtrack to the last pylon and go through it again. Thank God the game has no time limit. This is also a great game for young childen, because of the lack of time limits or enemies, you can plop the kiddies down in front of the TV and they can play forever without encountering all the frustrating one hit kills that other Atari games have.

This is one of the first games to have a built in screensaver. The screen will go black if you do not touch any controls for 15 minutes. The game comes back with any joystick movement.

Collectors Information

This game is very rare, the rarest of the Avalon Hill games by far. It is valued at around $250 USD, and games with boxes and manuals may go for more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.