Ring
Hello, yeh hey.. how are you... well, not bad..yeh, well about four months or so,right?

Yeh, how's Chicago, good, really? Great. That's great. Yeh, I heard about them, are they good, really? Good. Neat.. I haven't seen anybody good since Marshall Crenshaw...yeh, back then.. yeh, it was kinda fun wasn't it.. yeh.. Oh, you bet I remember.. you were wearing that red sweater and that skirt you stole from your roomate.. yes you did, you stole it, don't lie,... laughter

Yes... I know.. yeh, I remember.. yes.. how is she? Wow, sorry. .. gosh.,, yeh, I know.. she's how old? Wow,.. is your brother there too now? Good, great.. I mean, not great, but good that you can see him and all..

So, yeh, visit... I would love to.. I mean, I got this stuff at work.. and all, but next month, maybe I could drive up.. I mean,.. depending on how she's doing and all that... Right. Oh yeh, right.. I mean I could stay with my cousin... He's in Rockford... that's not too far is it?? No, OK, great.. I mean.. good.. Yes. I know. Yes... I know that too, ... so.. I mean.. yeh, I miss you too. .. No, ... I really couldn't . .. yeh, bad for that.. yeh.. No.. I mean I'm really glad you called.. I was just thinking of you.. maybe ESP or somesuch.. really... I do.. really.. miss you.. I know.. so..OK... thanks again.. thanks for calling...

Good night

dialtone

Regret: The green dress

 

I used to have a green dress. If fit really well, but I didn't like green. So, I never wore it.

Once I threw it in a bag to give away, and someone picked it out. I said, "oh that green dress, I don't know how it got in there," and then I took it out.
I tried it on, and I've never since seen a dress that fit so well.

I put it back in the closet though, because I remembered that I don't like green. A long time went by and that dress stayed in my closet. I never wore it outside of my room. Finally I decided to give it away.

I miss that dress.
I miss it a lot.

I can't figure out why I got it in my head that I didn't like green. Maybe I only want it because it's gone now.
Perhaps if I had it back it would continue to go unused, unseen, prisoned in my closet. Maybe I'll run across it again someday.

Hopefully, it will still fit.

We were walking alongside a frozen stream in a deep winter forest. The ice on the stream was thick but clear and beneath it, inviting pools of light could be seen. She pulled me to her and we laid down in the deep snow. We weren't cold. She began to kiss me and she softly stroked me - I knew I didn't deserve this. She was slow and gentle and I began responding. It wasn't a sex dream - it was a love dream that included sex. She climbed on top of me and I was inside of her again.

I began weeping - I opened my heart to her like I could never do in the waking world. I took her compassionate, patient lovemaking to be a sign that we could reunite. I was overjoyed to be given this second chance and my shame at how I had treated her was washed away by this new beginning.

I understood for the first time how the wretched could become born again in the eyes of Christ. She knew why I was weeping. She held me close as she rocked back and forth, healing me with her loving. She felt like she had years ago when we still made love. Before I turned my own self-loathing against her. And I loved her back as a whole person and not as a selfish pleasure stealer.

I awoke then and thought that this was a message telling me that maybe my future held some hope. But then I heard the song "Moving On" playing on the New Age digital music channel and I began weeping for real because it was then that I realized that what the dream was really telling me was that what once was could never again be.

Re*gret" (r?*gr?t"), n [F., fr. regretter. See Regret, ]

1.

Pain of mind on account of something done or experienced in the past, with a wish that it had been different; a looking back with dissatisfaction or with longing; grief; sorrow; especially, a mourning on account of the loss of some joy, advantage, or satisfaction.

"A passionate regret at sin."

Dr. H. More.

What man does not remember with regret the first time he read Robinson Crusoe? Macaulay.

Never any prince expressed a more lively regret for the loss of a servant.

Clarendon.

From its peaceful bosom [the grave] spring none but fond regrets and tender recollections. W. Irving.

2.

Dislike; aversion.

[Obs.]

Dr. H. More.

Syn. -- Grief; concern; sorrow; lamentation; repentance; penitence; self-condemnation. -- Regret, Remorse, Compunction, Contrition, Repentance. Regret does not carry with it the energy of remorse, the sting of compunction, the sacredness of contrition, or the practical character of repentance. We even apply the term regret to circumstance over which we have had no control, as the absence of friends or their loss. When connected with ourselves, it relates rather to unwise acts than to wrong or sinful ones.

C. J. Smith.

 

© Webster 1913.


Re*gret", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Regretted (-t?d); p. pr. & vb. n. Regretting.] [F. regretter, OF. regreter; L. pref. re- re- + a word of Teutonic origin; cf. Goth. grtan to weep, Icel. grta. See Greet to lament.]

To experience regret on account of; to lose or miss with a sense of regret; to feel sorrow or dissatisfaction on account of (the happening or the loss of something); as, to regret an error; to regret lost opportunities or friends.

Calmly he looked on either life, and here Saw nothing to regret, or there to fear. Pope.

In a few hours they [the Israelites] began to regret their slavery, and to murmur against their leader. Macaulay.

Recruits who regretted the plow from which they had been violently taken. Macaulay.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.