Posted this Sweetmorn, the 18th day of Discord in the YOLD 3190
- LieQuest 2024: A Lie Quest of Mythologically Discordian Proportions -


An auspicious day for clandestine or bureaucratic activities: the secret and blasphemous sixth day!


"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of."
-- Charles Richards


The sixth day of the Discordian calendar for the Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria and their ilk. Well, in their parlance, day 5 5/5.

sechsterTag, also known as dies sextus, is the most idiosyncratic day of the Discordian year and is associated with Greyface as well as both the apostle Adam Weishaupt and the sainted Nick Ayala00001; the symbols ¤ and 00002; the numbers 403, 48, and 5 (Isn't everything?); coprolites and the stone black amber; the season of Bureaucracy; and such things as power ties and Machiavellian tactics. But, here is where it gets weird: there's not a sechsterTag each week. There's one each season. Beginning two hours before midnight on the day preceding and ending two hours and forty-eight minutes into the day following, it has often been a day to initiate the next Operation Mindfuck or to finalize and file the mandatory forms00003 for the current operation. As observed, this also creates four additional floating work weeks per calendar year. Five cheers for the Bureaucracy! Facts are few: myth and legends run rampant. Decide at your own risk as this is forbidden knowledge. (As for me, I may have to start dodging creative death threats. 'Tis why I don't use the phrase, or kill me. Too much of an invitation for my liking.)

The sechsterTag date of each season is:

  1. January 6 - Sweetmorn, 6 Chaos
  2. March 20 - Prickle-Prickle, 6 Discord
  3. June 1 - Boomtime, 6 Confusion
  4. August 13 - Setting Orange, 6 Bureaucracy
  5. October 25 - Pungenday, 6 The Aftermath

Heil Zwist, alle Heil Diskordia, Göttin der Tage!

00001May Goddess recycle his soul.
00002Am sure there are others even I don't know about.
00003In pentuplicate, of course. Senseless really.


Omnia Discordia - Discordian Calendar


for
Jack, Edward, Todd, Phillip, Oscar, Olivia, Patrick

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.