On this fine morning I woke up at about 8:30 and decided to skip the day's classes and go to Austin with my best friend so she could finish up her business at UT.

We drove up there (from San Antonio) and got through downtown traffic to go to lunch at a place called Kirbey Lane. It was your stereotypical vegan-friendly Austin restaraunt. She had Migas with tofu as a substitute for egg. The variety of foods that you can substitute with soy or tofu never ceases to amaze me.

We then proceeded to go to her new apartment complex to sign her lease for the summer. When I went back to the car afterwards, there was a shifty looking man who looked at me suspiciously, then jumped in to one of the dumpsters nearby. This puzzled me a bit. Was he looking for something or just trying to get away from the impending company of a stranger? I shall never know. He jumped back out as we were driving off. Makes you wonder...

She went to the student co-op place that buys back books. She got her money, then we proceeded to drive back to San Antonio.

On the way, a good song came on the radio and we started grooving out in her car. This means waving our hands and bobbing our heads in strange manners which make passing cars speed up to get away from us. There was only one guy who had the good sense to appreciate the comic relief we offered on the long drive.