Back to the Virtual On metanode

Type: HBV-05-E (Heavy Battle Virtuaroid)
Height: 17.8m
Weight: 12.28t
Max. Gross Weight: 32.5t
Max. Power Output: 8824kw

Left - G-Bomb
Tosses a disc-like bomb that slowly slides along the ground and explodes on the surface of the ground with a large blast radius.

Right - Bazooka
Fires one or many rockets that travel at a medium speed toward the opponent. Does decent damage, and is good versus airborne enemies. Recharges quite quickly. Makes good covering fire as well as an offensive weapon.

Both - Lasers
The most powerful weapon in the game, one single laser can equal Apharmd's Tongfers, but you fire two of them so a direct hit end the game right away for weaker VR's, such as Viper II, Bal Bas Bow and Fei-Yen. You can let them loose in straight forward (two lasers) or in the air or dashing (a wider spread). They recharge slowly, so don't waste them. Beginners often overuse the lasers and as a result lose.

Slow, but with a wide array of extremely powerful weapons. Actually not a bad melee fighter (as most people think), as all his weapons are quick to fire and do monstrous damage (try to get the laser or the bazooka off instead of the weak bazooka bash, also the shoulder bash using the right trigger works much better). Raiden has a lot of armor and can soak up a few hits. Not a mech for perfectionists (those people use Viper II), but works quite well in many cases.

Raiden can often lay traps against downed opponents. His lasers, having unlimited range, can effectively cut off part of the entire arena for the opponent. While he batters them with bazookas and bombs, he can laser the panicking enemy as they try to dash away. Often beginners cannot dash-cancel and run right into the laser, taking away half his energy. Very effective.

Raiden is a difficult mech to play effectively, due to the wild inaccuracy of his laser and his cumbersome speed. The trick with Raiden is to predict what your opponent will do next and let loose the lasers on him. Most players with Raiden that I know always fall back on those to make the final blow. Panicking enemies who dash are doomed to run into them.