I stopped to get gas on the way home tonight. I walked to the counter, got at the end of a very long line, paid for my gas and started to walk out the door when I realized that I had forgotten that I wanted to get a drink. By the time I chose my drink and got back to the counter to pay the store had cleared out. When I got the counter the man asked for a dollar fifty four and I quietly searched throught my wallet looking for 54 cents. While I was looking the man behind the counter asked, 'What's wrong?' I must have given him a really weird look but he didn't budge, he asked again, quite firmly this time, 'What's wrong?' He just knew that something was bugging me. At first I just said, 'nothing', but he looked at me like he knew I was full of it. So I told him 'Well, actually I'm a substitute teacher and I had a rough day.' I had no idea that it was obvious that something was bothering me and so I asked him how he knew. He said that I just wasn't my normal self today. I don't actually go to this particular gas station all that much and it really surprised me that he knew me so well. I don't think most people would have noticed that something was bothering me. And I don't think that most people would have thought that anything was up. And then I realized what it was. I am always a pleasant, friendly, happy person and today I just wasn't quite myself. And somehow, even though I was feeling poopy, just that thought made me feel a little better.