Quote of the Day:

The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.'- Aaron Copland

Sounds kind of like E2 itself.

News and Views:

  • The number of reported Anthrax cases continues to rise.

    Personally, I can think of few better ways to nearly immobilize the United States than to make citizens fearful of handling their mail. (I don't know about you, but every Christmas I receive at least one card from someone who I don't recognize.)

  • Numerous businesses and industries continue to announce layoffs because of the 'slumping economy caused by the terrorist threat'.

    Has the economy really fallen that far, that fast? The overall tone especially seems odd since the biggest consumer orgy of the year, Christmas, is just around the corner.

  • Several groups around the US are protesting the use of Harry Potter by Coke as an advertising symbol.

    It's a sad sign of our culture when a beloved icon becomes a pitchman overnight because of the greed of the author and publishers.

Not all daylogs are created equal.

Daylogs can be so much more than simply personal journals, they can also provide a unique chronological record of the world. That's not to say the journals are not valuable and unique, they are, but that this format can be used for so much more.

This place needs more actual content, let's begin.