I guess this all started with Seinfeld's Soup Nazi. I'm not sure what kind of point he was trying to make. Maybe he thinks that because he is a jew he is allowed such luxury. Maybe he was trying to make a social comment, but I doubt it.

Whether because of Seinfeld or not, people started using the 'nazi' in all sorts of expressions, like code nazi and grammar nazi.

The word 'nazi' is a very powerful word to many people. I am one of them. It does not mean 'a bad and controlling person'. It means a person who was part of the Nazi regime, which was responsible for the extermination of millions of people, among them 6,000,000 Jews, and also Communists, Czechs, Greeks, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, mentally and physically handicapped, Poles, Russians... The list goes on, and you can read more about it here if you so wish, although I personally would look on the web for more detailed information.

In any case, I do not take lightly the use of the word 'nazi' in association with music (in music nazi), porn (in porn nazi), and other such nodes, including Everything 2's very own: node nazi. (7/10/2003 - node nazi has been removed).

If you are out to piss people off, fine, use the word 'nazi'. But there are easier ways to piss people off: 'Kike' will work, along with 'boy' and 'faggot'. But I am assuming that the people who use the word 'nazi' in their nodes are not being malicious; they are just trying to be funny. But they don't realise that to many people this cannot be funny because it brings up extermely unpleasant connotations.

And the worst thing is that the people who use it think that the title is amusing because of the word 'nazi' in it. Well, to me and millions like me, it isn't.

Please take that into consideration.