Wow.

It really has been quite a day. I'm not sure words can really describe everything. But I suppose it's worth trying, because it really has been an interesting day.

Around 10am:

Woke up. Found out from my mom that I have to pick up some records from my local eye doctor sometime between 11:30 and 12. This is sort of a pain, as I want to make it over to the park near my school around 12:30 in time for the annual Female Football game. However, 30 minutes seems like plenty of time to get there, so I figure I'll get to the doctor at 12, grab the papers, and make it to the park in plenty of time.
12pm:
As I walk into the eye doctor, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realize that the T-shirt I've chosen looks pretty crappy, so I decide I can be a few minutes late, and run back to my house after I grab the papers before heading to the park. However, of course, the secretary at the office had not yet been able to take 5 minutes to find and copy the records. However, she certainly had plenty of time for Tetris, which is what she was playing when I came in. Interesting.
12:45pm:
Well, made it to the park, a little bit late but no big deal. Had to park in the parking lot, which was a little bit away from the field. However, it's good that they're getting everyone to park in the parking lot this time, after last year's fiasco. To briefly explain: cops don't like it when a bunch of teenagers decide to park on the field and on both sides of the park's driveway, and they tend to come and scare everyone away, as we found out the hard way last year.

However, that was (mostly) avoided this time, although one policeman did show up at the end, and gave someone a citation for, of all things, driving on the dirt. Apparently he didn't see all of the underage drinking going on. It was a great game to watch, lots of girls fighting, shirts getting ripped off, etc. We all kind of wondered why we had bothered with any other sports when we could have had this every weekend.

4:00pm:
Well, after having stood out in the sun for a couple of hours, it was time to get home to wash up for tonight's festivities. At my school, we have three ceremonies related to graduation: the first is the robing ceremony and academic awards, the second is a baccalaureate mass, and the third and final ceremony is the actual graduation.
6:15pm:
Well, I was a little late for the robing ceremony, but no big deal, as we stood around for about 30 minutes anyway. As we walked into the gym, carrying our robes, I felt very strange. In so many ways, it just doesn't seem right...I can't really be about to graduate, can I? However, it really is happening; my German teacher, who has taught me so much in the past 5 years, robed me. It's a bittersweet feeling; I'm happy to finally be finished with high school, but I can't help but feel a little sad to be leaving.
Afterwards my family went out to a quick dinner, and then I came home. Got to get some rest before the baccalaureate mass tomorrow, and then graduation Sunday. Wow...two days away from graduation...isn't that something