I have been awake for no more than 4 hours, and I already know that my day cannot go anywhere.

A very brief, 6 to 8 line email greeted me when I finally logged on today, a short, brutally honest notification that I would not be required for the second level of interviews for the job I was going for because people with more skills and experience had applied.

Things are not looking good on the Job front.

Despite this so called IT skills shortage that we're meant to be experiencing, a position advertised for people with no experience, is swamped with people with experience, so the newcomers don’t even stand a chance. I'm bitter, I'm hurt.. and I'm damn well scared!

I will readily admit that my thoroughness in searching for a job is questionable, I will admit that I took a long break between graduating and starting to search, but I cant help but feel that I should've been given a break by now, that the TAFE should have assisted in placing its students in positions, that the Job search organisations that I signed up with should have at least contacted me once.

As I said... I'm Bitter.

Have you even gone to sleep with a CD on repeat, listening to one track on the cd and woken up to the same track, 40 minutes later?
This happened to me last night with a track on the Offspring's new album 'Conspiracy of One'.. and seeing as I had no recollection of falling asleep, it was most disconcerting.

In postive news... The plans for Trina and myself to go up to the The Great Sydney Fraptabulous Everythingian Get Together have been finalised. We just need to work out how we are going to get back home on the Sunday night when all the trains will have stopped. Oh well, we'll think of something!