user since
Mon Jun 14 2004 at 05:40:35 (19.9 years ago )
last seen
Mon Jun 14 2004 at 06:46:35 (19.9 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
mission drive within everything
"It's better to burn out than to fade away."
specialties
Philosophy, metaphysics, ranting, running into walls, smashing guitars.
school/company
The Academy Of Abstracted Realities
motto
My foot, your balls. Think for yourself. Question authority.
Send private message to Granuaile

I don't know what to say about myself. If I wrote an autobiography, I would probably just say "The end."

"You had alot to say. You had alot of nothing to say. Come down.
Get off your fuckin cross. We need the fuckin space to nail the next fool martyr."-Tool, Eulogy

'A stoner walks into an appliance store and asks the owner, "How much for that TV set in the window?" The owner looks at the TV set, then looks at the stoner, and says, "I don't sell stuff to potheads." So the stoner tells the owner that he'll quit toking and will come back the next week to buy the TV.
A week later, the stoner comes back and says, "I quit smoking pot. Now, how much for that TV set in the window?"
And the owner says, "I told you I don't sell to potheads!"
The stoner looks back at the owner and says, "How can you tell I'm a pothead?"
The owner looks back and says, "Because that's a microwave."'

"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few personsnearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us."
- Bill Watterson, from "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip

"I think it's easy to mistake understanding for empathy--we want empathy so badly. . . . It's hard and ugly to know somebody can understand you without even liking you."
- Thomas A. Harris, Hannibal

"Metaphysics is the attempt of the mind to rise above the mind."
- Thomas Carlyle, Characteristics