Granted, the civil engineering of Kitchener-Waterloo (a.k.a. "the 'Loo") is enough to induce fear of 3-dimensional space in the mind of Picasso. From a map of the city, it looks like it was designed by M.C. Escher after he took the brown acid. However, it is a pretty fantastic city.

For one thing, two universities means hundreds of attractive twenty-somethings. Being a twenty-something myself (and going to the University of Waterloo) this is reason enough to love the place, but there's more.

If you really really dislike uptown Waterloo, the whole thing is being redesigned to look ultra-futuristic, and will be entirely revamped by about 2010 (or something like that). If you really really like uptown Waterloo, for the most part you're out of luck except that the park will be the same as well as most of the awesome houses between Caroline and Westmount and below Erb.

The city has a fabulous theatre life, with the Waterloo Stage Theatre, the KW Little Theatre, and several theatres in downtown Kitchener (whose names escape me). There's also a hilarious improv troupe (Theatre on the Edge) and a raging open mic night scene (every night except Saturday there is at least one bar/pub holding an open mic night).

Granted, you could find similar things at other major cities, and they would be great there too, but they're also great here.

Oh, and listen to 100.3FM every Thursday night from 2AM to 6AM if you agree or disagree with me.