Ahh the pleasures of late night shopping.

I needed groceries. I had just finished work installing a 1500VA Uninterruptable Power Supply for the main switch and router.

It was 2am.

My first choice was to go to Coles - the large food retailer in New South Wales, Australia. I love this time of the night - quiet, cool, gentle breeze. I stroll in to the normally manic Bondi Junction Coles and observe one thing - NOTHING. Nothing at all. No people shopping. No screaming toddlers. No suicidal maniacs steering shopping trolleys in to my ankle. Just the occasional staff member unpacking stuff on to shelves.

I took my time. At 1am, I know that Coles gets its next load of fresh fruit and vegetables. I had the pick of the lot. All totally fresh. I mean, not "Oooh its crisp". I mean "GOD DAMN THATS CRISP!!!"

I was unhurried. I did all my grocery shopping in under 10 minutes. I walked right up to a checkout chick, who was surprisingly alert for that early hour, and was greeted in an extremely friendly manner. She was actually GLAD to serve me!

All up a most satisfying experience.

On a different spin, I found out that my boss is considering leaving her job in a few months. August or so. You heard it here first. She is cool, and will be a great loss. She has also confided a lot of stuff, secret stuff, to me. But it has made my life easier and I appreciate all that she has done for me.

And I don't know what it is, maybe my honest face, but I had the event manager come up to me to ask advice on changing careers. He wants to move in to an I.T.-based project manager role. He wanted to know what courses he can take to further his education and knowledge to increase his chances at getting a job. Quite hard considering he isn't a technical person.

Pasta for dinner. Legs and back again at gym.

Life is good.