If you missed Lord Brawl's Editor Log entry for December 2005, go read it now.

I'm not interested in being an Editor or a God, but I'm answering the questions anyway because Lord Brawl made me stop and think about why I'm here. That's always a good thing.

Five nodes that epitomise what's special about Everything2

Speeches and Debates Metanode
Daylogs
State of the Union Address
I am a pot roast
No one can be unhappy with a fresh box of crayons

We are history and people and community -- the past, present and future.

Three of your writeups of which you are proud

Heifer International. It was my first write up. I was lucky; nearly everyone has their first write up destroyed. Mine wasn't. Not because I'm some great and wonderful writer -- I'm not. I spent a long time reading this website and learning how this crazy, wonderful, amazing place works. That's common-sense advice to all new noders: read. Then read some more. Climb into the catbox and say hello (something I didn't do for a long time). Then read some more and then take the plunge and write. You might still get nuked the first time out, but it won't hurt so much because you'll know why.

Vote. This is also my most highly C!'d write up, but that's not why it's my favorite. It's a part of who I am. Expressing who I am isn't easy for me. I guess that's also why my favorite write ups are both factuals and gtky: that's who I am too. But the gtky-side of me is harder to express than the factual side. With Vote, I combined both, and I think I did it well.

Brother Johnathan. Because it was something I didn't know -- I learned something new.

Three writeups for the newbies

Everything FAQ, but if you're in a hurry, E2 Quick Start.

A day in the life of Everything, Kansas. Sadly, Everything, Kansas seems to be gone.

CIA World Factbook - Hell.

That's only a small part of why I'm here. There are so many other reasons.

The greatest moments in my E2 experience didn't come when I was chung, though it's still a huge thrill and always will be, but when I could C! someone else. I went with one of my favorite people here at E2, when I distributed my first C! I had warned him once that I would C! him to hell and back given the chance. Reviewing my C! list, it looks like I have. His work also epitomises what so special about this place -- learning is fun.

This is a person I've never met, and probably never will. But when the word was spread, earlier this year, that he was very ill, I felt like I had been punched in the gut. When word was spread all was well, I felt enormous relief. Several other people have been gravely ill this year and my reaction to their illnesses was the same. This is something people new to Everything need to understand: Everything is about the people. From time to time we may get bogged down in levels up or down and experience votes, in politics and grammar and other forms of pendantic tail chasing, but that only adds to the fun. Everything is about the people. And that's why I'm here.

The other questions:

At what time or times are you typically active on e2 and accessible for user questions and help?

Eastern US business hours. I have the world's most boring job. If it wasn't for E2, I'd have gone postal 4 years ago. I don't usually log in from home at night or on the weekends.

Are you an active member of the Mentoring team, or if not, would you be willing to join?

I'm not a member of the mentoring team and I don't think I'd be qualified to be one. I'm not much of a writer. If anyone needs help with spelling, spot-checking, fact-checking, I'm always available.

Are you a subject matter expert to whom the admin team can go for content advice? If so, in what area(s)?

Jill of all trades, mistress of none.

Are you a leader or an active, contributing member of any e2 usergroups?

Not that it's active, but I'm the leader of Mythos; I am a member of E2Psychology; Ninjagirl! Hear me purr.

As I said in the beginning of this, I'm not interested in $ or @. If someone wants or needs my help, I'm happy to offer it. But that's not what this is about. Thanks, Lord Brawl, for reminding me to take stock. Thanksgiving doesn't have to come only once a year.