The Springbok Nude Girls (or just the Nude Girls, as they are affectionately known) are probably one of the most popular South African bands ever, albeit mostly among the non-black music listenership. Their music is a blend of rock and metal which is truly alternative, and they also use a trumpet effectively in their music as well. Their best songs have brilliant bass guitar riffs, as well as customarily soulful vocals from their frontman. I blv you can prolly find their music outside South Africa, but not sure exactly where. Most South African alternative music gets marketed only in Germany, as far as I know. If you can find an album of theirs, I'd highly recommend you give them a listen. I blv they've always had the ability to compete internationally, with at least half a dozen really amazing songs, but just never got the break, and because some of their songs are localised.

Visit their website at http://www.nudegirls.co.za - I recommend listening to samples of Genie, Managing Mula or Blue Eyes.

In case you're wondering why the Springbok Nude Girls, read the writeups on Springbok to understand. Also, for more info on South African music and musicians, see Fetish. (I'll create a metanode when there's been enough written up on the subject)