I was dreaming... dreaming I was playing magic cards. But then the room started spinning. I woke up from this dream... "Aaron, my dreams are spinning..." I mumbled, trying to go back to sleep. But the bedroom was spinning around me, as though I were on a stationary carrousel and everything revolved around me. With every move it worsened. I tried to focus on something, anything, but it would quickly drift to the right... I could not keep up with it.

Stumbling to the bathroom, my stomach started flip flopping. The bathroom door wouldn't stay still. I dropped to my knees and clutched the toilet bowl for dear life. Vomiting even as everything spun around me, Aaron was at my side. "Everything won't stop spinning," I sobbed. I was so scared. It was like nothing I'd ever felt. I shook all over. If I let go of the toilet bowl I went hurtling off into the wild blue yonder, my head detaching from the rest of me, still slumped on the bathroom floor.

It began to pass. He got me some water to sip, which settled my stomach. Everything was still all wonky and moving around when I got up to phone the nurses' hotline, who recommended I get me to a hospital. The cab ride over to VGH was weird. In one hand I clutched the cooking pot, in the other, Aaron's hand. I felt like I was attached to the world at two places and two places only; my feet, and my hand on his. If I lifted my feet, my world tilted to the left.

At the hospital the ER doc checked me out in a number of new and interesting ways, mostly involving eye movement, the inside of my ears, and the backs of my eyeballs. He gave me some Gravol and said to come back if it got as bad as it was at first. I feel much, much better, just like I have a flu (which I probably do, vertigo is sometimes just triggered by any virus).

I found that joking about at the hospital made me feel much better.
"So you haven’t had like 40 cups of coffee then?" he asked.
"Oh, THAT'S what it must be from."
"Hahah... did you go on a drinking binge?"
"Heavens no." *makes the Captain Jack Sparrow movement*
"Did you know you're wearing one black sock and one white sock?"
"I'd be worried if I wasn't."

In conclusion, vertigo is not fun. If you ever wake up in the middle of the night to find everything is spinning, I hope you have someone there with you, and some Gravol.