Wake up on US Airways flight 741, seat 17G. The guy next to me is very friendly but keeps accidentally ringing for the flight attendant. He possibly put my tray table down and placed my book (The World According to Garp) in the seat back pocket in front of me while I was asleep. I made my way out to the curb, and had been waiting there not one minute before Mom showed up. We talked about many current things and went grocery shopping because I knew there would be no food in the house. How can people live in a house with no food? (When I'm starving in the middle of the night, I blame the lack of an all-night food store rather than my lack of planning. They have no such excuse.) No wonder the family is falling apart. Dad has all these computers and 150 Game Boy Advances (party favours) and copies of Mac OS X that we picked up as soon as they were released, but he can't teach Gary that it might be wrong to commit violent hate crimes.

Anyway, I spent all night installing Mac OS X and watching movies like Firestarter and The Outsiders, but couldn't get classic working properly before it was time to go socialize: I went to the mall with Jeska and I bought some socks and underwear and we talked about many exciting things in our lives. And then we went to the party. Kenny and I each parked on the hill opposite jeska's house, rolled down our windows, and walked to my house from there. first thing we did was I took out Nine Stories and read A Perfect Day For Bananafish to Jeska. After that there was very little besides some pathetic flirting to distract me from the party. Which brings me to my point: there is no reason this party should have happened. It was a rehash of previous parties and previous unfounded rumours about such parties. Dad's getting pretty eccentric lately. He said iDVD was "the best software since VisiCalc" despite the fact that it has no real application, and he said that Fisher Middle School's production of Annie Get Your Gun was the best musical he'd ever seen, even above Miss Saigon in London, despite the fact that it was Fisher Middle School. I watched a bunch of the magic shows at the party, eventually got the shuttle to take me back to my car, and talked to some soc girls on the (roundabout) way there. I made it home in one piece and got to sleep.