Well, I know I said I'd write more. The problem is finding the time. There's so much to do: overdue uni assignment, overdue references for my graduating class, four jewellery commissions...

I'm going to have to start a new regime of "getting stuff done". There's a book on that, somewhere in this house. I'll have to find some way of ensuring that everything I need to do in the day gets done.

So I promise, writing here will be one of those things. Oh, and another of those things is keeping the promises I make to do stuff.

In the meantime, may I harness the power of E2 to name a bridge, please? The Hale St Link bridge in Brisbane, Aust, needs a name. My best friend's great uncle is one of the people on the shortlist to be immortalised in the form of the bridge name.

So if you go to http://www.namethatbridge.com/ and vote for Eric Abraham, I'd be really chuffed :-).

A cool guy, Mr Abraham. Died in 2003 aged 104 - wrote his own 100th birthday speech and stood to deliver it. He was the first foreign soldier to receive the Legion d'honneur for war service and saw the Red Baron shot down near the Somme in 1918 (I quote). If you go to the above website, you'll also discover that he was the last surviving member of the Dungaree Diggers - a group of 28 men who walked 270 km from Warwick to Brisbane, calling for young men to join up for ANZAC forces during the First World War (I quote again).

Thanks guys :-)

TM

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/the-gobetweens-bridge-20090902-f7pc.html
http://www.namethatbridge.com/