The Animaniacs did a clever send-up of this film in one of their cartoons (better than their Apocalypse Now, though I did like that one too); appropriate, since Wakko was inspired by Ringo Starr's performance in the film (note the hat and Liverpool accent). Yakko (not surprisingly) plays the John Lennon role, and Dot is a sort of amalgamation of Paul McCartney and George Harrison.

Of course, A Hard Day's Night has often been considered a rock-n-roll Marx Brothers movie, with Lennon as Groucho, Paul as Chico, Ringo as Harpo, and George as Zeppo. Make of that what you will, it's not my theory. However, it's quite obvious that the Animaniacs are based on the Marx Brothers, with Yakko as Groucho, Wakko as Harpo, and Dot as Chico.


Favorite Quotes:

Reporter: How did you find America?
John Lennon: Turned left at Greenland.

Reporter: What would you call that hairstyle you're wearing?
George Harrison: Arthur.

Norm: God knows what you've unleashed on the unsuspecting South. It'll be wine, women, and song all the way with Ringo when he gets the taste for it.

Reporter: Are you a mod, or a rocker?
Ringo Starr: Um, no. I'm a mocker.

George: He's very fussy about his drums, you know. They loom large in his legend.

Man on train: Don't take that tone with me young man. I fought the war for your sort.
Ringo: I bet you're sorry you won.

John: I bet he hasn't even got a wife. Look at his sweater.
Paul McCartney: You never know, she might have knitted it.
John: She knitted him.